You’ve purchased Screenflex room dividers for your facility and now that your room dividers are in place and doing their job, it’s important to know how to clean your room dividers should the need arise. Follow these simple steps for the cleaning and maintenance of your room divider and it will keep them in great shape and looking their best for years to come.
Cleaning And Maintenance
Of Room Divider Panels
If you’ve purchased Screenflex room dividers with fabric panels:
- As with any fabric, when using a cleaning solvent, pre-test a small area before proceeding.
- To prevent fabrics from pilling, avoid excessive brushing or rubbing of the fabric surfaces during cleaning.
- Because of the very low absorption properties of polyester, stains tend to stay on the fabric surface and can usually be removed without the need for a vigorous cleaning treatment:
- For oil or grease spots: Use a mild solvent or dry cleaning agent. A blotting technique is usually enough to remove most stains.
- For general dirt or grime spots: Sponge the fabric with the foam from a mild, room temperature water based detergent or upholstery shampoo.
- After cleaning, lightly rinse fabric with a clean sponge to remove any traces of the cleaning agent, but always avoid over saturating the panels.
- Allow the panels to air dry before closing and storing. Never close and store units that have wet or damp panels.
- To keep your fabric looking shipshape, we recommend occasionally vacuuming or lightly brushing the fabric panels. If the fabric becomes extremely soiled, consult a professional furniture cleaning service for cleaning recommendations.
If you’ve purchased Screenflex room dividers with vinyl panels:
- Most dirt and stains can be removed by lightly rubbing the vinyl with a cloth, sponge or soft nylon brush, moistened with a solution of clean water and a mild soap, detergent or non-abrasive cleanser.
- Towel dry the vinyl panels after washing. Never close and store units that have wet or damp panels.
Guidelines For The Cleaning And Maintenance Of Your Room Divider’s Steel Frame, Casters, And Hinges
- Beyond a light dusting when needed, your room divider’s steel frames requires very little, if no cleaning or maintenance.
- Give casters a quick spray with a lightweight lubricant once a year (They will say ‘Thank you’!)
- Spray a soft cloth with the same lubricant and lightly wipe down each divider panel hinge. (They will say ‘Ahhhhh”!)
If you would like to bookmark or print a copy of these instructions for future reference, you can download the instructions from our website. If you have any questions about the cleaning and maintenance of your room divider, you can call Customer Service at 1-800.553.0110.