What would happen if we don’t recycle? The landfills are filling up. We are running out of space for all of our trash. Each year we discard enough aluminum to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet. As ozone diminishes in the upper atmosphere, the earth receives more ultraviolet rays. The ozone can affect crop loss and crop loss means increased produce cost.
At Screenflex we care about the changes happening to your environment. Our portable room dividers are made up of 76% recycled materials.
An interview with Karen our sales consultant said, “The paper documents I received this morning were on recycled paper”. “I know that we recycle all scrap paper here at Screenflex”. “We do our best to recycle cans and glass daily”.
Here are a few fun facts about recycling:
- Americans go through about 2.5 million plastic bottles an hour.
- 500,000 trees could be avoided being cut down if each family in the U.S. recycled their newspapers.
- Washing dishes in the dishwasher conserves more water than hand washing.
- Recycling one aluminum saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours.
- An aluminum thrown away will still be a can 500 years from now!
Don’t forget to do your part. Go green!